Love in the Kitchen - making fast, healthy, homegrown meals you'll enjoy

Friday, January 30, 2009

Grocery Cart Challenge Recipe Swap - Easiest Possible Hawaiian Roasted Pork

I think I must be ready for my vacation because I have Hawaii on the brain. This recipe is just fabulous and requires almost no work.



HAWAIIAN OVEN KALUA PORK
3 lb. pork butt
2 c. water
1 tsp. liquid smoke
1/4 c. salt

Place pork fat side up in a roasting pan or deep casserole. Combine water and liquid smoke. Pour over meat and sprinkle with salt. Cover and roast for 3 hours at 400 degrees. Remove from pan and shred.


This is a super easy recipe and incredibly tasty. I actually trimmed almost all of the fat off of the roast and it was still very moist and tender. I also used only about 1/8 of a cup of salt, with no taste issues. This goes really well with rice and some tropical fruit. Hope you enjoy!


For more great recipes, check out The Grocery Cart Challenge Recipe Swap! And if you have a recipe to share, please join in the fun!


Zentmrs
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. This sounds good! A friend of mine turned me on to cooking pork in the microwave and now that is the only way I will make pork. Have you ever tried it that way. It is juicy and doesn't dry out.

    ReplyDelete