Love in the Kitchen - making fast, healthy, homegrown meals you'll enjoy

Saturday, August 28, 2010

On Being a Step Mom - Events

The Girl had her 13th birthday party today.

She and 8 of her friends played laser tag at a local laser tag establishment.  There was pizza and cake and presents.  Standard birthday party stuff.



Because we spend a lot of time with The Children, we always find it a bit odd when we encounter parents and kids who find our particular family situation odd.

Some parents won't really talk to us.  I've found that other moms in particular will give me the cold shoulder.  

I'm not entirely sure how to deal with it.  Mostly we just ignore it and move on.  

I feel like I should do something.  Be more involved?  Push the conversation?  Seems like there should be something.

The Girl had a great birthday party (quote from her facebook page "Most awesomest birthday party EVER!!!!!! ") so that is great.

I just hope that one day I will not feel like an outsider.  


Zentmrs Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment