Love in the Kitchen - making fast, healthy, homegrown meals you'll enjoy

Friday, December 17, 2010

Cornflake Wreath Cookies

Christmas is a time of tradition and a time of memories.  The sights and sounds and smells all evoke memories for me. 

Just seeing a picture of these cookies makes it feel like Christmas to me.  These are cookies from my childhood.  My Grandma made these every Christmas, and they were absolutely my favorites.

They are really easy to make (though they don't ship well) and I hope you try them!

 
Cornflake Wreath Cookies

¾ cup butter
4 cups miniature marshmallows
1/2 tsp almond extract
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp green food color
4 cups corn flakes
red hot candies
silver dragées

Melt butter, add marshmallows, stirring until all marshmallows are melted. Add extracts and food coloring; stir until it is a uniform green color. When mixture is smooth, add corn flakes; mix well but gently so as not to crush the cornflakes. Form into wreath shapes on sheets of waxed paper, decorate with red cinnamon candies and silver dragées. Let cool.

What is your favorite childhood Christmas cookie?


For more great recipes, check out The Grocery Cart Challenge Recipe Swap! If you have a recipe to share, please join in the fun!




Zentmrs

Mhnaty! Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Peanut butter cookies from my great grandma's recipe collection!

    ReplyDelete