Love in the Kitchen - making fast, healthy, homegrown meals you'll enjoy

Thursday, May 26, 2011

What's for Dinner: Layered Chicken Cordon Bleu

This was also a winner!  Easy to make (5 ingredients!) and really tasty.  We will be making this again!



Layered Chicken Cordon Bleu
Makes 4 Servings

4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1/2 lb. deli-sliced cooked ham
1/2 lb. baby Swiss cheese, sliced
10 3/4 oz. can cream of chicken soup
1 box dry stuffing mix, prepared according to box directions


  1. Layer all ingredients in the order they are listed into your slow cooker.
  2. Cover and cook on LOW 6 - 8 hours or until chicken is tender but not dry.



One day maybe I'll get a picture before we devour our dinner....

What are you having for dinner?



Zentmrs
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. We're having Italian sausage, sliced, browned and then simmered in marinara sauce (made from home canned tomato sauce, 2010 garden)and served over spaghetti. I have onions, parsley, oregano and some green garlic and shallots pulled from the garden today to add to the sauce, with dried basil from last year. I also harvested a big basket of spinach, so I'll steam that and serve it with butter, s & P, and two heads of Austrian Red Butterhead lettuce crisping up in the fridge for a salad. That's a lot of greens, but when we have a glut of them it's a necessary evil! I also have a fresh loaf of bread rising, so it will come out of the oven just in time for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want this and I figure if I fix it, we can eat off it for a few days and that's okay, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUMMMM, sounds really GOOD! I'm going to make this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my husband's favorite kind of casserole!

    ReplyDelete