Love in the Kitchen - making fast, healthy, homegrown meals you'll enjoy

Friday, May 25, 2012

Hottest. Wings. Ever.

We've been having a lot of fun visiting my sister.  

We've had thunder and lightning (reasonably novel for us So. Cal. residents) and lots of rain.

We've taken Katy to Starbucks for hot chocolate and bought her lots of loud toys.

And we're working on teaching her how to scream louder.  I'm sure her Mama is happy about that.


Today we went to the Como Zoo and saw lions...


... waited patiently for lunch...


...saw lots of pretty flowers....


 ... and took Katy on her first ever carousel ride!

 She liked it!


I liked it too!


We rescued a baby chipmunk (cute!), something we never see in San Diego.  My sister assures me there are many here.  ;-)



And then we went to dinner.  We went to Smalley's Caribbean Barbeque and Pirate Bar.  For super hot wings.  We saw this on Guy Fieri's Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives - and the wings were nearly too hot for him.


Naturally, we had to try them!

Sheepy thought he would like them.  After all, he likes hot food.
Before.  Unaware.

Mom ate her wing like a champ!

I took a bite of mine.

Concern.

Alarm!
Panic!

Sheepy couldn't take it.

These wings are cooked and then coated in a mixture of pureed habaneros and ghost peppers.  With some sugar and vinegar to kick up the flavor.

Wow.  The pain.  Crying.

Katy did not have any.  Which is why she has the smiley face!



If you happen to be in the vicinity of Stillwater, MN, you should definitely try this place.

And order 6 of the Triple 6 wings.  Provided you have 6 people.  And a Sheepy.

What's the hottest thing you've ever eaten?


Zentmrs
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe we actually ate those wings. Good thing Katy didn't get her hands on one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I found your blog because you had left a comment on my floral cookie blog over at Blossomedge and I just have to tell you, I'm totally in love with your blog! It is a fascinating read! (I just subscribed...)
    Just read too, that you are from Minnesota?? That's where I'm located! I think I read somewhere in one of your posts, the winters are why you left Minnesota, though... and now you are dealing with the "gloom of June" LOL... we'll have to talk in January when it is -30 below here and 50 degrees in California! haha
    Thank you for sharing your blog with us all... :) -

    ReplyDelete