Love in the Kitchen - making fast, healthy, homegrown meals you'll enjoy

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Spicy Sour Cream Hash Browns

I found my old recipe box not long ago.  These days I find most of my recipes either on the internet, in one of my (too many) cookbooks, or just in my head.  But (back in olden times) I used to keep all my favorite recipes in this box.

This particular recipe has been a family favorite for many years.  It came from my Grandma, and my mom wrote it out for me.  Grandma has been gone almost 20 years, and it is nice to have this little memory of her.



I make this a lot, but I've modified it a bit over the years.  Here's my rendition:


Spicy Sour Cream Hash Browns

Ingredients
  • 12 ounce package frozen hash browns, thawed
  • 1 can cream of onion soup (cream of mushroom can be used instead)
  • 8 ounces sour cream
  • 1 small onion, chopped
  • 1  can diced jalapenos

Directions

  1. Mix all ingredients.
  2. Pour into greased baking dish.
  3. Sprinkle the top with cayenne pepper and paprika.
  4. Bake at 300 F for 2 hours.
  5. Enjoy!










Really, this couldn't be easier.  And it works just as well without the jalapenos.  And with added cheese.  I bet bacon would taste good too.  Oh my - I'm hungry now.

Do you have a go-to side dish?


Zentmrs
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment