Love in the Kitchen - making fast, healthy, homegrown meals you'll enjoy

Monday, December 10, 2012

Mountain Dew Apple Dumplings


A friend of mine shared this recipe with me.  Apparently I am out of the loop, because this recipe has been around a while (which I found after checking the internet for information about it after we devoured it for dessert).

I have to say, I was skeptical.  Mountain Dew?  On top of pastries?  But, because the recipe looked so easy, I thought I'd give it a try.  And wow - really, really good!  And the recipe was really easy.  I initially thought it would be too much sugar, especially with the Mountain Dew, but, although it was sweet, I didn't think it was overly sweet.  Just right actually.



Mountain Dew Apple Dumplings 

Ingredients:

  • 2 cans of Pillsbury Crescent rolls
  • 4 Granny Smith apples 
  • 1 ½ cups sugar
  • 1 cup melted butter
  • 1 can of Mountain Dew soda pop
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 tsp cinnamon

Directions:

Quarter and peel apples.





Wrap each quarter in a crescent roll.  This doesn't have to be perfect.






Place in 9" x 12" baking dish (because I only made a half-recipe, I used an 8" x 8" glass baking dish).






Sprinkle sugar and cinnamon over rolls.





Drizzle melted butter over all, and then pour can of Mountain Dew over all.






Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.







Yum!


Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.  You'll enjoy this.  I'm totally confident of that.


Thanks Della!


Zentmrs
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment