Love in the Kitchen - making fast, healthy, homegrown meals you'll enjoy

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Cinnamon Toast Muffins

I have a wonderful childhood memory of eating toast with cinnamon sugar for breakfast at my Grandma's house.  On a TV tray.  In the family room (!) and in front of the television {gasp - don't tell my Mom!}!

I've always loved that simple breakfast, with lots of cinnamon and lots of sugar.  I decided to turn it into a slightly more upscale treat - Cinnamon Toast Muffins!




Cinnamon Toast Muffins

Ingredients:
  • ⅓ c. butter, melted
  • ½ c. sugar
  • 1 egg (preferably room temperature)
  • 1½ c. all purpose flour
  • 1½ tsp. baking powder
  • ½ tsp. salt
  • ¼ tsp. nutmeg
  • ½ c. milk
  • ¼ c. sugar
  • ¼ c. butter, melted
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon


Directions:

Preheat oven to 350F.

In a medium-large bowl, sift together all dry ingredients.



Add wet ingredients and stir until combined, but still a bit lumpy. (Don’t overmix).





Scoop batter into muffin tins or muffin cups.




Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until they just start to turn a bit golden at the edges.



For the topping, mix sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.  Place melted butter in another small bowl.

Dip the warm muffins in melted butter, then dip/roll the muffin in cinnamon sugar.



Voila!



Don't these look delicious?  And they totally bring me back to my childhood.


What is your favorite childhood treat?



zentMRS - Love in the Kitchen
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I would like to say that this blog really convinced me to do it! Thanks, very good post.

    banana benefits for skin

    ReplyDelete